At Champions Travel Ltd we gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Champions Travel’s registered office is at Portland House, Port Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. Our designated Data Protection Officer for the organisation is Evelyn Friel and we can be contacted at the above address, by phone: 0035374-9132882 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information That We Collect
Champions Travel processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you in order to provide our services are as follows: -
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Credit Card Details
- I.D. documentation
- Comments, product reviews and responses on surveys you complete
- Any preferences or details to help us suggest packages of interest to you
- IP Address
- Device information
- Website / Browsing History, including location data
- In some circumstances we may collect special category data such as details of medical conditions, nationality, racial or ethnic origin from you.
- Purchase products or services or buy or redeem vouchers through our website, over the phone or through our office
- Register for My Account
- Sign up to receiving e-receipts
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Submit reviews or choose to complete surveys we have sent you
- Engage with us via social media
- Enter our competitions, prize draws or promotions
- By contacting us for any reason, e.g. order queries, complaints, website issues via our web-chat facility, phone, email and postal correspondence
- Complete a form, such as for a transaction or employment purposes
- Use of our car park and office which have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and colleagues
- Browse the website
Champions Travel works with many third parties to provide services on your behalf. These companies may collect personal information directly from you to organise or book their services, or for their own marketing and tracking purposes.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Champions Travel takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclosure, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract, to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be delivered to your preferred address
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- To send you offers, promotions and news if you’re signed up to our marketing newsletters.
- To monitor and improve our services we provide
- To record any incidents or accidents that may occur as part of the service we provide
- To provide customer feedback or surveys in relation to your experiences of services provided.
- CCTV footage is used to ensure the safety and security of colleaugues and customers and the prevention of detections of unlawful acts
You have the right to access any personal information that Champions Travel processes about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. In order to provide our services to you, we may share data with the following companies:
- Event Venues: We provide guest list’s to the event venues to fulfil contractual agreements, insurance and health and safety purposes.
- Hotels: To fulfil the service package you have purchased.
- Companies that help to fulfil your services such as payment services providers and delivery companies.
- Professional services providers – we use third party providers for the following categories:
- Accountancy/Professional services for tax purposes or professional advice. Our provider is located in Ireland
- IT providers/website hosts who help us run our business and provide you with our services. The providers are located in the UK.
- Marketing agencies to help advertise our products to you.
- Compliance with Law: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability, and to protect our rights or to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
Champions Travel ensures all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We only provide the information needed to provide our services and if we stop using a third party, we require them to remove or anonymise your information. We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party.
Champions Travel takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access.
Our website uses encryption technology, like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number. Our Customer Care center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Champions Travel, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer some/all of our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Champions Travel retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. Champions Travel are required under tax laws to keep your personal data for 6 years, accounting records for a period of 6 years after the end of the financial year.
Special Categories Data
Owing to the packages and services that we offer, Champions Travel sometimes need to request sensitive personal information from you under our contractual agreements and to ensure we can provide and fulfil the services purchases. Where we collect sensitive personal data, we will only request the information required for the specified purpose.
Lodging A Complaint
Champions Travel only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Champions Travel Ltd
Portland House, Port Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, Ireland R32 AP23
+353 (0) 57 8684800
Changes to our privacy notice
Champions Travel may change this notice from time to time. All changes will be posted and updated here. We advise you to check back here frequently to review the most current version of this notice.
This Statement was last updated on 23rd May 2018